Chromium Picolinate - Swanson - 200 mcg, 100 capsules
Extremely bioavailable form of chromium that helps you with the metabolism of macronutrients.
- Helps to preserve normal glucose levels in the blood
- Improves metabolism of carbohydrates
- Reduces the craving for sweets
Chromium is present in a variety of foods, which is why it's almost impossible to have a chromium deficiency unless you have diabetes. When the intake of chromium is too small, the efficiency of insulin is reduced, which negatively impacts the metabolism of all nutrients.
Chromium is found mainly in meat and meat products and in some nuts, especially Brazil nuts and hazelnuts. Problematic are foods that are ultra-processed and contain lots of sugars, in which the quantity of chromium is very low. Individuals with monotonous diets who consume large amounts of processed foods or follow extreme diets (e.g., fruitarians) can have a chromium deficiency.
The problem is that the absorption of chromium is fairly low. On average, only 0.4% to 2.5% is absorbed, 3% at the highest. The rest is eliminated from the body. Phytic acid, naturally present in certain foods (soy, cereals) further lowers the absorption.
Consequently, it makes sense to supplement it, at least occasionally. Chromium deficiency can lead to indisposition, irritation, headache, and hindered ability of the body to metabolize carbohydrates, which leads to increased body weight.
- Naturally regulates glucose in the blood
- Stimulates the metabolism of macronutrients
- Especially important for the metabolism of carbohydrates
- Helps with bloating and digestive issues
- Alleviates symptoms of low blood sugar
- Reduces craving for sweets
- Naturally boosts your metabolism
Take one capsule once per day with a meal and a sufficient quantity of water. It is recommended to take vitamin C as ascorbic acid to improve chromium absorption.
Dietary supplement. Ingredients: chromium (chromium picolinate) 200 mcg 571%* RDA. Other ingredients: rice flour, gelatin. Net quantity: 100 capsules. *Daily dose not established.